We are pleased to confirm the weekend of 3rd and 4th August sees the return of the Crouch Valley Open Koi Show.
Not only are we thrilled to be putting on a show in a year that has, regrettably, seen other shows cancelled, the even bigger news is you can come along and see the show FREE OF CHARGE. Where else do you get something for nothing when it comes to koi?
In addition to entry being free, here are a few more reasons to come along to the show:
- A chance to see 25 vats of quality koi exhibited by our members and other koi hobbyists
- Dealers will be in attendance selling dry goods (fish sales are unfortunately not permitted)
- This year’s venue is Buckhatch Nursery & Garden Centre so if you or your partner are into gardening, there is far more than koi to look at. Check out this excellent garden centre here https://www.bhngardencentre.co.uk/
- We are under cover in a very large greenhouse so rain will not stop play
If you want to make a bigger day of your visit why not:
- Check out the flower show at Hyde Hall which is a two minute drive show https://www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/hyde-hall/RHS-Garden-Hyde-Hall-Flower-Show
- Pop along to Hanningfield Reservoir with its country walks, bird hides and visitor centre https://www.essexwt.org.uk/nature-reserves/hanningfield
- Take a short drive to Barleylands Farm and Craft Village https://www.barleylands.co.uk/ and perhaps visit the Imperial Birds of Prey Academy based there http://www.imperialbirdofpreyacademy.com/
Please come along and help us get the show back on the map for both this year and the future
Buckhatch Nursery is open 9am – 5pm on the Saturday and 9.30am – 4pm on the Sunday with presentations at 2pm but please note, the show will start to close down around 4pm on the Sunday so exhibitors can remove their fish just after closing.
If you are interested in showing but have not contacted us yet, please contact Judith Wiseman at email@example.com